Call for Applications is now CLOSED
For the Professional Issues Panel: Workplace Violence and Incivility.
This Professional Issues Panel will guide the development of resources identified through a survey of ANA members. The Steering Committee will consist of up to fifteen members and will conduct deliberations via virtual meetings beginning October 2014. The chosen Steering Committee will meet once or twice a month via conference call for approximately two hours in addition to email dialogue. Panel work generally takes between six and nine months to complete. All applicants not selected for the Steering Committee will have the opportunity to serve on the associated Advisory Group via ANA NurseSpace.
ANA is seeking registered nurses with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Experience providing care for patients in settings considered to be at high risk for violence (e.g. emergency department, psychiatry, correctional facilities, home health, etc.)
- Expertise in addressing workplace violence and incivility prevention (i.e. setting policies, implementing programs in the workplace)
- Expertise in workplace safety and risk management
- First-hand experience with workplace violence, bullying, and/or incivility in the workplace
- Involvement in advocacy and policy development about workplace violence , bullying, and/or incivility at the state, national, or international level
- Nurse scientists with research experience related to workplace violence, bullying, and/or incivility
Interested in serving as the Professional Issues Panel chairperson? Chairpersons will guide the work of the Professional Issues Panel by planning and leading virtual meetings and working closely with ANA staff to ensure that objectives are met. Interested applicants should have experience leading large working groups to consensus decisions. Indicate interest on application.
Applicants must be ANA members. Applications will be accepted through Aug. 31. CLOSED
Access Application [login required]
Problems logging in or accessing the application? Please contact ANA Membership: email@example.com /1-800-923-7709
Questions about the ANA panels? firstname.lastname@example.org