- Hill, N., American Philosophical Quarterly; Vol. 40, No. 2 (Apr., 2003), pp. 131-142; Published by: University of Illinois Press; Article Stable URL: www.jstor.org/stable/20010107
Duty to care versus duty to self
- Schroeter, K., Journal Of Trauma Nursing: The Official Journal Of The Society Of Trauma Nurses, Vol. 15 No.1 (2008), pp. 3-4; Doi:10.1097/01.JTN.0000315779.97341.d3
Agency, duties and the "Ashley treatment"
- Tan, N., and Brassington, I., Journal of Medical Ethics; Vol. 35, No. 11 (November 2009), pp. 658-661; Published by: BMJ; Article Stable URL: www.jstor.org/stable/20696671
Self-care strategies for nurses: A psycho-educational intervention for stress reduction and the prevention of burnout.
- Kravits, K., McAllister-Black, R., Grant, M., and Kirk, C., Journal of Applied Nursing Research, Vol. 23, No. 3, (August 2010) pp. 130-8. Doi: 10.1016/j.apnr.2008.08.002.
- The Interprofessional Institute for Self-Care at Kent State University School of Nursing, Kent State University College of Nursing, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242
An excellent website!
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority,
4th Floor, 650 Main Street; Winnipeg, Manitoba; R3B 1E2 Canada
This site has an extensive list of resources for nurses who need assistance with duties to self
- University of Minnesota Center for Spirituality & Healing
Mayo Memorial Building
420; Delaware Street SE
; Minneapolis, MN 55455 www.csh.umn.edu/
This site has great material that the practicing nurse can access online, especially the section on "taking charge of your health & wellbeing"
- Me Too! Self-Regarding Duties in Nursing
Marsha Fowler, PhD, MDiv, MS, RN, FAAN
Access through the ANA Website
Free to ANA members: $55.00 cost to non-members