|THURSDAY, MARCH 9th
|7:00 am - 5:30 pm
|7:00 am - 3:45 pm
||Exhibit Hall Open / Posters Available
|7:00 am - 8:00 am
||Coffee in the Exhibit Hall
|8:00 am - 9:30 am
||Session G400 – Welcome and Opening Keynote
Health Care Innovation: Shifting Decision-Making to Consumers
In settings from acute to non-acute care, patients are now savvy consumers, which signal a major transformation in health care. With so many choices, how are they making decisions for optimal health? How does this impact nursing? Learn new and expanded skills to be successful in this ever-changing landscape.
- Pam Cipriano, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, President, American Nurses Association
- Harry Greenspun, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Managing Director, Korn Ferry Health Solutions
|9:30 am - 10:30 am
||Break / Exhibits / Breakfast in the Exhibit Hall
|10:30 am - 11:30 am
|10:30 - 11:30 am
Invited Speaker Sessions
Meet the Editor
Have you thought about sharing nursing information, success stories, case studies and other nursing data though publishing but don’t know how to get started? Would you like tips to improve your writing skills? Join American Nurse Today’s Editor-in-Chief, Lillee Gelinas, MSN, RN, FAAN; Editorial Director, Cindy Saver, MS, RN; and Pamela Cipriano, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, Founding Editor and current President of the American Nurses Association; for their insight as well as the value of publishing your nursing findings — and learn that it’s not as difficult as you might think. Our experts will talk about why writing is important, developing your topic and how to write for publication as well as how to get published. This interactive session will offer attendees ample opportunity for questions and comments.
- Lillee Gelinas, MSN, RN, FAAN (moderator); Pamela Cipriano, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN; Cynthia Saver, MS, RN
Healthy Nurse/Healthy Nation
Nursing practice is grounded in prevention, wellness, and support of the human condition. Healthy nurses actively focus on creating and maintaining a balance between personal and professional well-being. The Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation™ Grand Challenge is transforming nurses’ health and making a difference for patients.
- Jaime Dawson, MPH, Program Director, Nursing Practice, American Nurses Association
|11:30 am - 1:00 pm
||Lunch in Exhibit Hall
Poster Session P601
|1:00 - 2:00 pm
|1:00 - 2:00 pm
Invited Speaker Sessions
Have you been affected by workplace violence? The most devastating result of violence to health care professionals is their inability to feel safe at work, which can adversely impact every aspect of their jobs.
- Cole Edmonson, DNP, RN, FACHE, NEA-BC, Chief Nursing Officer, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Holly Carpenter, BSN, RN, Policy Associate, American Nurses Association
Palliative and Hospice Nursing (Professional Issues Panel Call to Action)
Are you prepared to help lead and transform palliative care?
End-of-life planning is a difficult, but essential, part of providing high-quality care. Nurses play a significant supportive role in helping patients and their families make end-of-life choices that best meet their needs by anticipating, preventing, and treating suffering.
- Carol Bickford, PhD, RN, American Nurses Association, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Harleah Buck, PhD, RN, FPCN, FAAN, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
|2:00 - 3:00 pm
||Break / Exhibits / Posters Session P602
|3:00 - 4:00 pm
|3:00 - 4:00 pm
||Invited Speaker Session
ANA Policy Panel: The Impact of Technology in Nursing
As the health care delivery system continues to evolve, there is increased reliance on technology to support new and emerging care models. Consumers expect a modern, innovative system that gives them access to health care technology resources, and nurses need tools and strategies to fully utilize this technology-rich environment.
- Mary Beth Bresch White, American Nurses Association, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Diane Skiba, PhD, FACMI, ANEF, FAAN, University of Colorado College of Nursing, Aurora, Colorado
|4:00 - 4:15 pm
|4:15 - 5:15 pm
Shifting the Culture
Health care is now focused on the needs of the consumer, not on the provider. We’ve moved from a caring model to a business model. Given this immense cultural shift, nurses need to fully engage and guide consumers in making the best health care decisions.
- Ed Tori, DO, Associate Director, MedStar Institute for Innovation (MI2) Director, MedStar Center for Health Influence and Engagement
|5:30 - 6:30 pm
||Town Hall Session
Health Policy in Real Time: Update from Washington, DC.
Moderator: Marla Weston, CEO, ANA Enterprise
The purpose of this session is to provide attendees with an overview on the latest developments surrounding Congress’ efforts to reform our nation’s health care system. Attendees will hear the perspective of policymakers and industry leaders regarding the outlook of health systems reform as well as its potential impact. Learn more about ANA’s policy goals and advocacy efforts to address this changing landscape; and how you can get active. The current environment creates numerous opportunities and challenges for nursing. Participate in this dynamic session to help you navigate these turbulent times!
- Pamela F. Cipriano, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, President, American Nurses Association
- Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) (Invited)
- Senator Bill Nelson (D-FL) (Invited)
- Carol Boston-Fleischhauer, JD, MS, BSN, Chief Nursing Officer, The Advisory Board Company
- Jeff Doucette, DNP, RN, FACHE, CENP, Vice President, Magnet & Pathway to Excellence, American Nurses Credentialing Center; formerly Vice President & Chief Nursing Officer, Bon Secours Health System