As a valued user of the ANA Nurse’s Career Center your success is important
to us. Here are some tips to help make your resume stand out and be more
effective in today’s tough job market.
1. Remember that your resume is a marketing piece about you. It is your first
chance to show yourself off to any potential employers.
2. Now that you are moving up in the world, avoid language like,
“Responsibilities included…” Instead list your “ACCOMPLISHMENTS.”
3. Make sure to include a “Job Objective”. Potential employers may not know
what you are looking for if you do not spell it out for them.
4. Brevity is best. When writing a job objective, make it clear and concise.
Any extra language is unnecessary and could result in a potential employer
quickly losing interest.
5. When including employment history do not go back TOO far. Unless a job
from 20 years ago is extremely relevant to the current position, it does not
need to be included.
These five tips can only help your resume gain more views and give you an
edge in finding the perfect position.
Now that you have these essential resume tips, post or update your resume at
the ANA Nurse’s Career Center.
In addition, the ANA has partnered with several universities and programs
that are exclusively offering ANA members discounts on online nursing degree
programs for enrollment. Advance you career and visit the ANA
Online Nursing Degree Center for more information.