The Current OJIN topic, Societal Violence: What is Our Response?, was published January 31, 2014.
ANA members have the first opportunity to access the most recent OJIN topic. Login is required. When each new topic is posted, the previous topic becomes available to all viewers. This topic will be available to all viewers after May 31, 2014.
Articles published on previous topics and columns are available to all viewers.
Overview and Summary
- Healthy People 2020 Objectives for Violence Prevention and the Role of Nursing
Thomas R. Simon, PhD; Kimberly Hurvitz, MHS (January 31, 2014)
- Child Maltreatment: A Public Health Overview and Prevention Considerations
Melissa T. Merrick, PhD; Natasha E. Latzman, PhD (January 31, 2014)
- Supporting Gang Violence Prevention Efforts: A Public Health Approach for Nurses
Dawn D. McDaniel, PhD; J.E. Logan, PhD; Janet U. Schneiderman, PhD, RN (January 31, 2014)
- Violence in the School Setting: A School Nurse Perspective
Kate K. King, MS, BSN, RN, LSN (January 31, 2014)
Articles on Previously Published Topics
- Ethics: The Challenge of Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications (ELSI) in Genomic Nursing
Kathi C. Huddleston PhD, RN, CNS, CCRC (December 23, 2013)
- Informatics: The Standardized Nursing Terminologies: A National Survey of Nurses’ Experience and Attitudes—SURVEY II: Participants’ Documentation Use of Standardized Nursing Terminologies
Linda Q. Thede, PhD, RN-BC; Patricia M. Schwirian, PhD, RN (December 16, 2013)
- Legislative: Interprofessional Collaboration: What’s Taking So Long?
Karen Bankston, PhD, MSN, FACHE; Greer Glazer, RN, CNP, PhD, FAAN (November 4, 2013)