Advance your knowledge through ANA's Continuing Education Opportunities
Online CE Library
- The Nursing Knowledge Center offers free and discounted online independent study modules, a solid library of education offerings to meet your practice and career needs.
- Earn contact hours free or at significant savings.
- Independent Study Modules formats include articles, audio, multimedia, slides and video.
ANA Meetings & Conferences
- National and State-Level Lobby Day
- ANA Annual Nursing Quality Conference™
Navigate Nursing Webinars
- Attend Navigate Nursing webinars on current and emerging topics free or at significant savings!
- Earn contact hours with most webinars.
- Archives of webinars available on NursingWorld.org.
- Past webinar topics cover safe patient handling, reducing staff turnover and increasing job satisfaction.
Gain and Maintain Your ANCC Certification at Member-Only Savings
- Save up to $125 on ANCC initial certification and up to $150 on ANCC certification renewal
Stay up-to-date on the news & issues affecting nurses through free, members-only journals and publications
- American Nurse Today —Monthly journal (six print/six electronic) featuring peer-reviewed clinical, practical, practice-oriented, career and personal editorial.
- The American Nurse —ANA's award-winning bi-monthly newspaper
- OJIN—The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing— Peer-reviewed, posted online three times a year
- ANA SmartBrief—Daily eNews briefings designed for nursing professionals, delivered to your email box
- Nursing Insider—Weekly e-newsletter with ANA news, legislative updates and events
- Enjoy savings on ANA books through Nursesbooks.org publishes books on ANA core issues and programs, as well as on cutting-edge healthcare topics, such as ethics, Standards of Practice, leadership, quality, specialty practice, advanced practice, the profession's enduring legacy, and more.
- Benefit from the Knowledge in ANA Foundation Documents: Essential resources used by registered nurses to inform their thinking, decision-making and guide their practice: ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and Interpretative Standards; Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice; and Nursing's Social Policy Statement
Enhance and extend your leadership skills through ANA's Leadership Institute
- The ANA Leadership Institute provides professionally developed programs that draw on evidence-based practice and multi-disciplinary approaches to build, develop, enhance and grow your leadership impact
- Programs are designed for nurses with varied levels of experience (Emerging, Developing and Advanced) and across a spectrum of organizational settings (e.g., clinical, academic, and nonprofit/business)
- All Leadership Institute programs are available to ANA members at a significant discount
Discover outstanding professional opportunities through the ANA's Career Center where you will find the latest job openings and connect with employers looking for talented and accomplished RNs
Protect Yourself with Professional Liability Insurance
- ANA members save on Professional Liability Insurance offered by Mercer Consumer. Every nurse today should carry their own professional nursing liability – even if they are covered by their employer.
Network and Connect with Your Fellow ANA Member Nurses
- ANA offers you numerous opportunities to network and connect with colleagues. Through local and national meetings, committees and social media you can share ideas and information with fellow ANA members
- As an ANA & State member, you are a full voting member in the American Nurses Association and your state nurses association
- ANA is truly a nurses' organization. Founded by and led entirely by nurses—practicing nursing professionals
Access Valuable Professional Tools
- Drug Name Error Finder Tool
- Global Disease Alert Map
- PubMed Citations
ANA, your partner in Protecting Your Safety and Health
- ANA was instrumental in developing a new set of national standards for Safe Patient Handling & Mobility — the first inter-professional standards to be adopted.
- ANA's HealthyNurse™ program is helping nurses care for their own personal health, safety and wellness
- Through ANA's efforts more nurses than ever before now have a limit on hours worked, no mandatory overtime and required breaks.
- Current programs focus on maintaining safe staffing, scope of practice and preventing workplace bullying.
ANA, strengthening nursing's voice at the National Level
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care - issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, scope of practice and access to care
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and many others, right up to the White House
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes , NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few
- Speaking for U.S nurses as the only U.S.A member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization.
Your State Nurses Association monitors and responds to issues at the State Level
- Protecting and safeguarding your Nursing Practice Act – one of the most important roles of our State Nurses Associations
- Advocating at the state level
Influence Decisions by participating in your ANA and State advocacy efforts
- Join one of the many committees and boards at the national, state and local level that are shaping the direction of the association and the profession.
- Participate in member surveys that let you influence the association's agenda.
- Take part in grass roots advocacy efforts that let our elected officials hear your commitment on issues important to nursing.
- ANA-PAC builds support for pro-nursing Members of Congress from all political parties. By helping candidates who support
- ANA's legislative and regulatory agenda, ANA-PAC demonstrates to policymakers that nurses are actively involved in the issues that impact our profession and patients.
- ANA's Nurses Strategic Action Team (N-STAT) makes it easy for you to unite with your colleagues across the nation and let lawmakers know how you feel. It keeps you up to speed on key bills as they move through Congress and lets you know when your e-mails, phone calls and letters will make the most impact.
As a nurse and ANA member, you are committed to providing superior care to your patients. But who is taking care of you while you take care of others? Through ANA's Personal Benefits, ANA offers five important programs that every nurse needs. ANA has carefully screened these partners to find those dedicated to providing ANA member nurses with great value, and convenient sign up.
The five partners are:
- Professional Liability Insurance offered by Mercer
- Auto Insurance offered by Nationwide
- Long Term Care insurance offered by Anchor Health Administrators
- Term Life Insurance offered by Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company
- Financial Planning Offered by Edelman Financial Services
State Nurses Association Member Benefits
Benefits and opportunities available through state nurses associations vary by locality. Benefits generally include:
- State association newsletter
- Representation in the state house on critical issues
- Local networking opportunities
- Education and career development
- Career center and job networking
If you wish to print out and mail in your membership activation form, please click here.
If you have any questions, you can email us at JoinANA@ana.org