Twelve highly accomplished registered nurse leaders will receive national nursing awards at the American Nurses Association's (ANA) House of Delegates meeting June 16 for outstanding service to the profession in categories ranging from public health to patient advocacy to legislative achievements.
The following recipients of the award are as follows:
- Luther Christman Award: Tim Porter-O'Grady, DM, EdD, RN, FAAN, Georgia Nurses Association
- Barbara Thoman Curtis Award: Mary Jane Mongillo-Williams, PhD, RN, Connecticut Nurses Association
- Mary Mahoney Award: Banister, PhD, RN, Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses
- Pearl McIver Public Health Nurse Award: Marcia Stanhope, DSN, RN, FAAN, Kentucky Nurses Association
- Mary Ellen Patton Staff Nurse Leadership Award: Marsha A. Martin, RN, CCRN, TNCC, Florida Nurses Association
- Hildegard Peplau Award: Catherine F. Kane, PhD, RN, FAAN, Virginia Nurses Association
- Jessie M. Scott Award: Linda R. Cronenwett, PhD, RN, FAAN, North Carolina Nurses Association
- Shirley Titus Award: Joanna Boatman, RN, Washington State Nurses Association
- Distinguished Membership Award: Debbie Dawson Hatmaker, PhD, RN-BC, SANE-A, Georgia Nurses Association
- Honorary Recognition Award: Brenda Nevidjon, MSN, RN, FAAN, Oncology Nursing Society
- Honorary Nursing Practice Award: Kathleen M. Vollman, MSN, RN, CCNS, FCCM, FAAN, National Association of Clinical Nurse
- Honorary Human Rights Award: Mary Ann Christopher, MSN, RN, FAAN, New Jersey State Nurses Association
The 2012 ANA National Awards recipients were nominated by state nurses associations or other professional nursing organizations, and selected by ANA awards subcommittees.