American Nurses Foundation (ANF) Nursing Research Reviewer Opportunity!
- Are you a member of American Nurses Association (ANA)?
- Do you have an earned Doctorate?
- Have you received at least one external research grant in the last seven years?
- Have you completed at least one postdoctoral research activity involving submission of proposals for peer review for internal/external funding?
- Are you looking to gain valuable experience in the review process?
If you answered "yes
" to the above questions, then you should apply to become an ANF Nursing Research Review Committee Member (NRRC) or Nursing Research Grant Reviewer (NRGR).
Responsibilities: Reviewers assist ANF by critiquing research grant proposals. Committee members critique research proposals and recommend allocation of funds to grantees. Terms for reviewers and committee members are for three years.
To apply: Applications are invited from seasoned investigators, as well as those with research success in early post-doctoral years. Download the application (see below). Please e-mail your completed Application to Denise Mahone at ANF@ana.org. Deadline January 5, 2009.
Areas of Expertise needed:
- Professional Practice, including Nursing Shortage Issues and Nursing Education
- Chronic Diseases and Symptoms
- Health Disparities and Cultural Issues
- Physiological Focus, including Genetics, Biomarkers, Bench or Animal Research
- Infectious Diseases including HIV/AIDS and STDs
- Parents, Children, Adolescents and Families
- Information Technology including Web and Tech-based Interventions
- Military Issues including PTSD
- Complementary Therapies